2. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of Personal Information we collect depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Foghorn and the requirements of applicable laws. The types of Personal Information we collect include:
- Contact and demographic information, such as your name, phone number, email and postal address;
- Information we obtain from your use of our Services, such as device information (e.g., IP address, browser information), and login information;
- Other information you provide to us, such as information provided in optional forms and email correspondence.
3. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We may automatically collect certain information about the devices you use to access our Sites, as well as information on how you interact with our Sites, through cookies, web server logs, web beacons and other similar technologies. The information we collect automatically may include:
- URLs that refer visitors to our Sites;
- Search terms used to reach our Sites;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Sites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our Sites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our Sites, and which emails you may have opened); and
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Sites).
We may associate this information with the device you use to connect to our Services.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Foghorn and its service providers may collect information using cookies, tags and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) and other technologies on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in activities such as auditing, research, or reporting; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Please be aware that some analytics providers may set and access their own cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies on the Site and may also collect or have access to information about you collected over a period of time and/or across a variety of website. Any such information is collected by the applicable third parties and not by Foghorn.
Please also note that our Sites do not presently respond to or modify its practices in response to browser Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Managing, operating and growing our business, and administering the Services, including through the use of third-party service providers;
- Complying with legal or regulatory obligations;
- Developing new resources and services;
- Processing and considering applications for employment, including evaluating and confirming your suitability for a position and accuracy of any information submitted;
- Monitoring and auditing compliance with internal policies and procedures, legal obligations and to meet requirements and orders of regulatory authorities;
- Communicating with you to respond to your inquiries and to provide technical or administrative support;
- Conducting marketing activities, communicating updates, invitations and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Investigating and resolving disputes and security issues and enforcing our Terms and Conditions;
- Preventing, investigating and providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity, unauthorized access to or use of Personal Data, the website or our data systems, and to meet legal, regulatory, judicial and company policy obligations; and
- For any other lawful, legitimate business purposes.
6. EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
If you apply for employment with Foghorn, we will use the information you provide to process your application, to monitor recruitment statistics, and to comply with government reporting requirements. We may retain de-identified statistical information about applicants to help inform our recruitment activities. Foghorn is headquartered in the United States and employee and recruitment data is held there. If an applicant becomes a Foghorn employee, Foghorn will maintain a record relating to that person’s employment (including information collected via the employment application) and provide additional information about our data practices in connection with employee data to the extent required by law.
7. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information with:
- Foghorn affiliates;
- Service providers such as those who provide us with technology services;
- Health care professionals, researchers, academics, and public health organizations;
- Partners with whom we jointly develop clinical trials;
- Law enforcement and other third parties where necessary to protect against fraud, illegal activity, and claims and other liabilities;
- In connection with due diligence or a transaction process relating to a sale by Foghorn of all or part of its business, or transfer of assets, or transaction involving a merger, restructuring or business transfer.
8. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
Individuals in Andorra, Argentina, Australia, California, Canada, Europe, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Israel, Isle of Man, Japan, Jersey, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, and certain other jurisdictions may have certain data subject rights. These rights vary, but they may include the right to: (i) request access to and rectification or erasure of their personal information; (ii) restrict or object to the processing of their personal information; (iii) obtain a copy of their personal information in a portable format; and (iv) object to certain personal information processing activities. Individuals may also have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal information with a data protection authority.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. The rights described herein are not absolute and we reserve all of our rights available to us at law in this regard. Additionally, if we retain your Personal Information only in de-identified form, we will not attempt to re-identify your data in response to a data subject rights request.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) prohibits covered businesses from discriminating against you for exercising applicable CCPA rights.
If you make a request related to personal information about you, we will need to verify your identity. To do so, we will request that you match specific pieces of information you have provided to us previously. If it is necessary to collect additional information from you, we will use the information only for verification purposes and will delete it as soon as practicable after complying with the request. For requests related to particularly sensitive information, we may require additional proof of identification. If you make a request through an authorized agent, we will require written proof that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We will process your request within the time provided by applicable law.
9. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. Where required by certain jurisdictions, we will transfer your information subject to jurisdiction-approved safeguards, such as standard contractual clauses.
10. INFORMATION SECURITY
We use technical, administrative and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access or use. No such measure is ever 100% effective though, so we do not guarantee that your personal information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such data.
11. THIRD-PARTY SITES
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our site is not directed toward children under the age of thirteen (13) and we will not knowingly collect information for any child under the age of thirteen (13). If you are the parent of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and have a concern regarding your child’s information on our website, please contact us using the information in the section “How to Contact Us.”
13. DATA RETENTION
We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either anonymize the information or securely destroy the data.
15. HOW TO CONTACT US